Monday, April 20, 2009

We're Going to be Pigs!

This post isn't about European Vacation, but while I was searching the interweb for a picture from the Pig in a Poke scene, I stumbled upon this pic which has the Griswald's name misspelled. They're name is actually spelled 'Griswold.' I had never noticed that before, I'm sure as most of us guys watched this movie we were probably focusing on our dirty thoughts towards Beverly D'Angelo, and not on the spelling of their name. Come to think of it, that movie has some funny parts and I haven't seen it in a while. It might be worth Netflix-ing at some point. In other misspelling news, the other day the Washington Nationals sported jerseys with their name spelled 'Natinals.' Genius! Or maybe budget cutbacks due to the poor economy meant they couldn't afford all the letters, and their management figured a missing 'o' wouldn't prevent people from figuring out what team was actually on the field. If I ran the Nats, I think I'd just let our players wear t-shirts during the games, I wouldn't even care if they were matching or not. The Nats are like...well...they're like the Nationals of MLB. I think even the Pirates look at them like a joke. And speaking of baseball, is it necessary for ESPN to have Power Rankings after the first four games of the season? Hey ESPN, the teams have played 4 f'n games and they still have 2000 more to go, can we give the power rankings a rest until we've seen the teams go through their rotation 2 or 3 times? Thanks. It's amazing how much I simultaneously love and hate The Worldwide Leader.

Onto the point of this blog and the reason for the European Vaction pic, this weekend was my fraternities spring grad event formally known as Pig Dinner (for info about the history of Pig Dinner click here). A great week of Facebook terrorism had me pumped to get into town and see a bunch of old friends. From what I had heard, they were expecting a good crowd, and I knew most of my good friends were going to be there so the liklihood for a blood bath was high, but, how much damage can you do in one night? HA. I had to work Saturday morning, but was able to make it up to BG by 5:30 to get involved in the festivities. I got into town and went straight to the bar where everyone was, I was primed to get wasted for numerous reasons: 1- whenever I'm with my friends we always get plastered and tons of funny shit happens, and 2- I haven't been drinking that much recently and the possibility of tying one on sounded good, between working 2 jobs and tons of training I think I deserve it. Upon getting to the bar I was mainly hearing 2 comments from people: how skinny I look and how many people read and like the blog. It was kind of weird being told by so many guys that I looked good, it was like I never left the Short North! The comments are much appreciated though and it's nice of people to notice the work I'm putting in and to make nice, genuine, and positive statements to me about it. No doubt, if you're last mental image of me was from my days at Bowling Green, I doubt you could even recognize me if I didn't come up and shake your hand. I wish I still had Ruhl's pic from our graduation when me, him, and Hoynes each weighed about 250. Jesus, that picture is hilarious and sad all at the same time. If we ever ask why we didn't get more attention from ladies in school, all we need to do is look at that picture and the question is answered.

All the comments about how everyone likes the blog was nice to hear as well. I was convinced I had about 7 friends, but apparently a lot of people are reading this and recommending it to others. Actually, the total hits on the page are roughly approaching 1000 which is good. At my previous projections of the '7 friends' business model, I figured it would take until roughly 2053 to reach 1000 site hits. We're getting close to that in about 4 months, thanks for the support. So, while most people left the bar to go to the formal dinner, some of us had planned just to stay in BG and hang out, and hang out we did. While playing cornhole in the bar, we were consuming some serious amounts of beer, and even got so lazy that we had pizza delievered to Muggs. This was actually the low point for the night as I had my mind set on going to Myle's and chowing down, and I only ended up eating 3 pieces which was disappointing. But, some Myle's is better than none, and hanging out with 4 other first ballot Hall of Famer's is more important than pizza. This is getting long so I'll conclude part 1 of the night for now, the best is yet to come it part 2 tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. In other misspelling news, "they're name" would actually be "their name". The irony! Come on, PeePants! Still a good read, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll find the picture. I know it is here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete